Show Your Shine - dog collar
Have your pup join the effort to shine a positive light on mental health with this dog collar. 20% of all proceeds from the 'Show Your Shine' collection will go directly to the Pritzker Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health of Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. More information regarding the campaign below.
- Navy blue deluxe nylon dog collar
- Available in 18" and 24"
- Nickel tongue buckle and D-ring
- Embroidered with 'Show Your Shine' star in gold thread
The Children's Service Board of Ann & Robert H. Lurie of Chicago 'Show your Shine' campaign:
This campaign is focused on improving access to care, building up specialized expertise, and expanding research and innovation through establishing new collaborative care models. In addition to providing treatment to patients at the hospital and its outpatient sites, the team trains community-based pediatric providers and Lurie Children’s residents to identify and treat common mental health concerns like ADHD, anxiety, and depression. Through this model, Lurie Children’s is able to reach a broader range of children and intervene at an earlier age, reducing long-term mental health before entering adulthood.
Fast Facts about pediatric and adolescent mental health in Chicago:
• Lurie Children’s has seen an increase in suicidal ideation of 2-3 per day
vs. 2-3 per month prior to the pandemic
• 20% of children will have a mental health disorder before graduating
• 80% of youth who need evaluation or treatment do not receive help
• 8-10 is the average number of years for a child to be correctly diagnosed
Click here to learn more and donate